Microsoft Certified Developer Offering Help

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I've been searching around for a 100% .NET C# implimenation of the Z-Wave protocol engine, this looks to be what I'm interested in.  I'm sorry to hear the news about your wife fpe123 and it's totally understandable that you can't devote time to this as a result.  I would like to assist in making your efforts thus far a reality and offer up my time to assist move this forward.

Regards

Grahame Horner

Developer
Nov 14, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hi Grahame

That sounds great. This is a 100% .Net C# implementation of the Z-Wave protocol. So you found the right place. Right now I can confirm it also works under Linux with Mono 1.2 running on an embedded MIPS so the versatility is good.

Under documentation I have tried to create a small roadmap of where we are and what we are missing. We are actually already a little into Step 1 basic operation, since multiinstance is working and (very) basic wakeup commands are also working.

What is your experience with Z-Wave? What do you need to know, and what are your expectations?

Peter

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Peter,

I just starting out on Z-Wave, but I have many years .NET Development Experiance which includes development of GPS serial interfacing; network protocol and services for some large project.

I was looking at installing and implementing a custom Home Automation Safety & Security System using Z-Ware components; together with a WebServer/Portal and WindowsPhone 7 client application to allow a secured remote monitor and control Z-Wave nodes; placing some alert logic in the (Azure) cloud.

I've been looking at create a Z-Wave Server initially using something like http://www.netduino.com/netduinoplus/specs.htm

Regards

Grahame

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Hi HornerG

How easy do you think it would be to interface the netduino to a zwave usb stick, and is it this approach you have been thinking on ?

Flamsk

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Flamsk,

I beleive it shouldn't be to difficult to interface the netdunino with a Z-wave USB stick as these devices seem to communicate using standard RS232 like a USB modem.

I'm not a hardware person but have been informed these should be accessable directly using the netduino sdk;  I've got the hardware on order and hope to get a Proof of Concept working over the holiday period.

cheers

Grahame

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I'm looking for someone to join our team to integrate Z-Wave to our cloud home control platform. www.homeboy.in. Please message me if interested. Thanks!