Can you please explain to me how to implement ZWaveAPI ??

May 28, 2011 at 7:35 AM

Hi

thanks a lot for the wonderful job your doing 

I own A Z-Wave USB stick from Aeon Labs and two z-wave switches and i want to test the API on my windows home server where the USB stick is connected  

i have my laptop also that run windows 7 64 bit  and VC# 2010 express I have some experience (not much) in VB.net  

I implemented the Henrik Leidecker Jørgensen project it worked but with a lot of problems 

thanks again 

Coordinator
May 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Hi

Thanks

The actual system consists of 3 parts namely:
 - ZWaveApi.Net: As is the grass surface between ZWave and PCs.
 - ZWaveApi.Web: As a WCF which run within the IIS. The talk with ZWaveApi.Net
 - ZWaveApi: a Silverlight client that talk with ZWaveApi.Web.

ZWaveApi.Net must translate against net 3.0, or WCF will not work. Mono-project can run with Net 3.0. All the classes that  should  communicate as get  the following attribute [DataContract] and [data member].
A lot of programming, is still missing. See the roadmap.

ZWaveApi.Web be able to communicate with class from ZWaveApi.Net. Also missing a lot of programmering here. 2-way communicates works, it means that WCF can send infomations back to Client. if something happens ZWave devices, eg push a button.

ZWaveApi: can currently only display info from ZWaveController and turn on and off a binary switch.

There will be a reamdem file in project ZWaveApi.Web, that explains how to do get it to work.

I plan to be something new up during the week. ( ZWaveAPi.Net ready on WCF)

/ Flemming

May 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Thanks a lot Flemming i try to load the project ZwaveApiServer but the only project loaded is the ZWaveApi.Net the other two projects "ZWaveApi.Web & ZWaveApi" could not loaded and give me this message "The project type is not supported by this installation." i am using visual c# 2010 can you tell me please what did i do wrong. 

bes regard  

Coordinator
May 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Hi
If you use Visual studio 2010 Express, you also need Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2010
/Flemming
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 5:28 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Can you please explain to me how to implement ZWaveAPI ?? [zwaveapi:259347]

Thanks a lot Flemming i try to load the project ZwaveApiServer but the only project loaded is the ZWaveApi.Net the other two projects "ZWaveApi.Web & ZWaveApi" could not loaded and give me this message "The project type is not supported by this installation." i am using visual c# 2010 can you tell me please what did i do wrong.

bes regard

May 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

thanks a lot it worked I well try to make sense of it soon god well  until then good lock to you 

yahya