Human Interface Devices

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I have Thinkstick USB from controlthink

when it is connected to the PC it comes under Human Interface Devices and doesn't have a com port number

could you consider this in developing the API 

regards,

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Hi

I had no plans on that at this time. My time goes on making all the Command Class. I need also to have  a Thinkstick USB to test on.

/Flemming

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:51 AM

No promises, but I will try to look into this... all I have is a ThinkStick.  I tried using a neat tool called SnoopyPro today to sniff the HID traffic coming from the device, but it doesn't see any traffic at all, only empty bulk transfer packets.  I will try to find a better sniffer.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the ThinkStick HID traffic.  Looking at the URB blocks coming from the device, the ZWave message sequences are pretty easy to pick out.  I think I could write a driver for it.

The problem is that I have a license for VS2008 Pro, but not VS2010.  I only have VC# Express 2010 (the free one).  This is blocking me, because I am unable to build VS2010 installer projects, and therefore can't get started on my project.

Maybe it's possible to work around this issue.  Can someone provide me with either of the following?

a) Provide me with a download link to precompiled installers, and the paths to the post-install assembly locations
b) Provide me with instructions for manually configuring my built assemblies (destination paths, regkeys, config files, service registration info, etc) so I can manually "install" my built assemblies.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Make a project in VC# Express 2010, add ZWaveApi og ZWaveAPiServe to the project.